Friday, June 28, 2013

Ways to mark Canada Day #3

not actually my kids -- just a grab from Google images
  • Listen to me discussing Canada Day -- and how the Harper government does history -- with Libby Znaimer at noon on Sunday in the Toronto area on AM 740 Radio and thereafter podcasted by Zoomer Radio.
  • Watch me discussing Canada Day with Bev and Jeff and Marci on Canada Day on Canada AM on CTV television everywhere, and thereafter doubtless online  (here's their Canada Day recommendations):   
[This one from usageorge.com, oddly enough]
Or, if that is more than enough me:
  • watch the Tour de France.Three Canadians -- Svein Tuft, David Veilleux, and Ryder Hesjedal -- riding this year, to my knowledge. On the TSN2 channel,  which may be well up your specialty dial, but ....  Starts Saturday in Corsica.
  • read some Kate Beaton.  Her Canadian history comics always make me laugh, but right now her Anne of Cleves Gables is a killer.
Finally, the real way to mark Canada Day is to get to a beach or a cottage or a backyard with a cold one and some friends.  Thanks to the miracle of pre-taping and time-shifting, I'm actually going to focus on those this weekend without neglecting the things above.  

So after this afternoon, blogging from me will be slim to none until next week.  Happy holiday.
 
Follow @CmedMoore