Monday, November 03, 2014

Finding digitized records from the LAC


Late in September I was acknowledging that Library and Archives Canada, in my bad books since they cancelled inter-library loan service on microfilms, is actually cranking out a huge amount of newly digitized microfilm records that can be accessed online.  I read all about it on the LAC's blog. Not entirely mollified, I noted it was still hard to determine whether the item you wanted at a particular moment had yet been digitized and made available.

Are we reading each other, LAC blogger?  'Cause early in October there was another post there, setting out how to find out if your target microfilm is already digitized and available through what they call the "heritage collection."

One day I will just think what I want and it will appear projected on the inside of my eyelids.  Or something.
 
Follow @CmedMoore