Friday, September 02, 2011

CBC Readers Choice Contest for the Giller - winner nominates To the Edge of the Sea

Literary 'Democracy' Fun with the CBC and the Giller Prize

Earlier in August I posted about the CBC Readers Choice Contest for the Giller Prize. My novel, just released with Thistledown Press, was one of the eligible books to be voted on. And I’d said there were pretty cool prizes to be won – well, the winner of the Grand Prize, announced today, nominated my novel – To the Edge of the Sea!  Here is one of the comments below and a link to the Grand Prize winner in the Readers Choice contest
 
I love history and To the Edge of the Sea has inspired me to want to read Mercy Cole's diaries. The book kept me turning the pages to the very end. The characters were interesting and amazing with a twist at the end I had not expected. Sir John A. Macdonald (who has on his tombstone in London, England "A British subject I was born and a British subject I will die" was made more real to me. A strange Epitaph for the Father of Confederation I always thought. Great book, great cover, great bookmark. Loved it all.    By Lana

All the comments for the nominated books can be read here
More info on the book can be found at http://www.totheedgeofthesea.blogspot.com/
 
Follow @CmedMoore