Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Carnegie Libraries Galore!

Old Norwich Ontario Carnegie Library
With the possibility of heading off to grad school for information science, I thought a library post might be appropriate. Growing up in Norwich, ON I was always fascinated with the library building. With a distinguished picture of Andrew Carnegie placed high on display, the building is a fine example of an early 20th century Carnegie Library. I have always found Carnegie's library campaign particularly inspiring.

For those interested, while the Carnegie building no longer houses the library, the building remains. A history of the Norwich Library with some archival materials can be found here.


Well, you can imagine my surprise when on my recent trip to Scotland, while I was strolling down the high street of a tiny country town I looked up to see this....
A tad blurry, sorry. I'm not very good with a camera.....
 
Follow @CmedMoore